Sunday, March 16, 2014

Meet Sarah Horrocks of The Whole Knit

» The Whole Knit & Caboodle | Meet Sarah Horrocks!
Meet Sarah Horrocks of The Whole Knit & Caboodle! She is a fellow designer I found through the Mad Mad Makers group , and our relationship began when she offered to test a few of my own patterns. I immediately noticed how talented she was because her attention to stitching and detail is quite impressive! As soon as I browsed her Ravelry pattern shop and BLOG I was hooked, and immediately asked this starlet to apply to Design Wars; and, I’m so glad she did! Sarah is a real HAM, and you can see what I mean by getting better acquainted here (especially her video introduction…), and on her FANPAGE . Enjoy!
Hello from balmy British Columbia, Canada! My name is Sarah and I’m so lucky to be the stay at home mom of the most amazing little girl. When she’s not keeping me busy singing songs or playing dress up, I love to curl up with a crochet hook and let the creative juices flow. Crocheting for me is not only a way of unwinding and finding peace- it’s my favourite way of expressing my creativity through design. My favourite things to design are stuffed toys; I feel like a sculptor of sorts when I take yarn and work it into something three dimensional. I look for inspiration everywhere and am always up for a challenge! My goal for the upcoming year is to expand my pattern line a little more to include more accessories and experimenting more with colour and texture.
The best words of wisdom I can impart unto hopeful or new crochet vendors are: Be passionate about what you do. Customers will be able to tell if you are! It will be reflected in everything you do in your business, from the care you put into each and every stitch to the enthusiasm with which you present your brand. Try to find a “niche” if you can- it will help you stand out from the other vendors out there. HAVE FUN! Crocheting is such a great medium, the possibilities are endless and you are limitless in what you can work up! Do you have a favorite crochet pattern?
I have a lot of favourite patterns, patterns of my own and patterns written by others. I will always have a soft spot for my Chameleon Sidekick pattern- it was the first stuffed toy (amigurumi) pattern I ever wrote. Writing it seemed chillow so effortless, almost like it was fluked into existence. It has been a huge hit with folks of all ages, crocheters and non-crocheters alike. Which would win in a street fight: a sheep, or an alpaca?
What an awesome question! I would like to think that sheep and alpacas are kind animals (not like those mean looking llamas!) and they would be able to rationally come to an amicable conclusion to any dispute they might have. If I absolutely HAVE to choose, I’d say alpaca. I think it would be able to use its longer neck to its advantage somehow.
February 12, 2014 at 12:57 pm
I would love the she pig stuffie & lovey pattern
Abigailology A Creative Being A Crocheted Simplicity A La Sascha baca creations Ball Hank n' Skein CAL CrazySocks Crystalized Designs design by katie hanken DW3 DW4 DW5 DW6 Felted Button frayed knot Giveaway Holland Designs Injenuity Interview chillow Just Be Happy Patterns Luz Patterns Mad Mad me Mamachee newsletter one and two co playin hooky designs Red Heart Yarns Rohn Strong Sincerely Pam The Whole Knit & Caboodle Unravel Me Vicki Brown VOTE
Adventure In The Woods | One & Two Co Voted best in these DW6 categories: Most Original Design Best Use of Color Best Design To Gift http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/adventure-in-the-woods-playground _blank Butterfly Breeze Poncho | Sincerely Pam Received an Honorable Mention in DW6 http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/butterfly-breeze-poncho _blank Ultimate Hat & Mitts | Frayed Knot Received an Honorable Mention in DW6 http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ultimate-hat _blank Houndstooth Jacket | A Crocheted Simplicity _blank Prism Slouch | Crazysocks Designs http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/prism-slouch _blank
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment